FSAT Trip: England

 

The second part of our trip was to London, England. this was my most anticipated part and the part of the trip I was looking forward to the most. We took the train to London this time which was nice, we got to see fields of grass while on the train and experience beautiful views.

The first location Sarah took us to was Trafalgar Square which is the main part/center of London. Afterward, we were able to split off & do things on our own. My friends & I went to a 100% vegan, plant-based restaurant called Mildred's. They were super friendly, the service was great, and the food was delicious. They had this vegan whipped feta that was out of this world. 

The next day we got on the bus and drove to the important parts of London. We drove by Kensington Place. Went to one of the many Prince Albert memorials. The next place we went to was the infamous & iconic Buckingham Palace. Being there didn't feel real. We visited the Towers of London which was an old prison, unfortunately, we didn't get to see the Crown of Jewels while we were there because there was a very long line. After the Towers of London, we headed over to the Victoria & Albert Museum to check out the fashion exhibit. One of the courses I took this semester was Fashion Evolution where we learned about what people wore in different time periods. The fashion exhibit at the V & A showcased clothes from different time periods starting from the 16th century leading up to present fashion. Afterward, my friends & I went to Notting Hill for a little bit to grab dinner and check out the area then went back to our rooms for the night. 

Our last day in London was my favorite day. The one thing I wanted to do on this trip and in London was go to Abbey Road. I love the Beatles and so does my dad and now I can say that I have been to Abbey Road and I walked the zebra crossing where Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr all walked. Taking pictures there was chaotic. There were so many people and you have to run out in the middle of the street when there is no traffic, quickly snap a picture, & try not to get hit by a car. We also went to the Abbey Road Recording Studios where the Beatles recorded all of their albums. We couldn't go inside unfortunately being able to see the outside of the building was enough for me. Afterward, we headed to Spitalmarkets which is an outdoor market with shops, vendors, & food. The market was great & I was able to find gifts for my family there. I even treated myself got things for myself. I got a Breakfast at Tiffany's tote bag, sunglasses, & two vintage metal signs, one is Fleetwood Mac & the other is Madonna who are both my favorite artists. I love listening to their music.

London was by far my favorite of the entire trip I had the most fun there and was able to see what I wanted to see in England. I could see myself living there for a little bit in the future or visiting again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FSAT Trip: Ireland

Introductory Blog