FSAT Trip Blog: Scotland

 

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Fashion & Fiction Study Abroad FSAT Trip in May. We visited Scotland for 2-3 days for the first part of the trip. The first day of traveling was exhausting my roommate Owen and my friend Sarah and I drove to the Pittsburgh airport then from there we hoped on what felt like a 10-hour flight to England. Then from England make our connecting flight to Glasgow Scotland. Our tour guide Sarah who was phenomenal and great throughout this trip took us around Glasgow first before we drove to Edinburgh. Sarah took us to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery in Glasgow it was nice to go to another location on this trip. The artwork there was beautiful but the only thing I didn't like was the taxidermies.

Let's talk about Edinburgh Scotland. The first thing we did in Edinburgh was attend a dinner at Haymarket. We had tomato soup for appetizers, perfect after a long travel day and the cold weather outside. I am vegan & the meal I had was a vegan shepherd's pie made out of lentils and vegetables. The dessert was absolutely delicious I don't remember the name of it but like a sort of biscoff cream bar with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.

The next day our adventure started. Sarah took us to the Holyrood Palace where the royal family stays whenever they are visiting Scotland. Then we had another tour guide walk the royal mile with us to Edinburgh Castle. The walk to the castle was long but it was nice that they were shops along the way to look at while we made our hike and our tour guide talked so much about Scotland's history. The Edinburgh Castle was my favorite part of the trip. I loved looking at the architecture around the castle. This castle holds so much of Scotland's history and it was cool that we got to walk around and check it out. After the castle, my friends and I walked around Edinburgh and did some shopping. We got coffee and tea at Brewlab and lunch at Fettle. The next day my friends and I went with Sarah to visit the Kelpies which are these 30-meter-high horse head sculptures. after the Kelpies my friends and I went to the Walter Scott Monument located between New Town & Old Town Scotland. We were able to make the second to last tour of the day. We walked up the narrow steep staircase to all three levels of the monument. After the monument, my friends & I ate chips for lunch and then went to Victoria Street. If you are unfamiliar with Victoria Street in Old Town Scotland. It is a colorful street filled with shops, each shop is a different bright color and this place is the location that inspired Diagon Alley in the Harry Potter Franchise. Walking through those streets felt like I was in the Harry Potter movie. Then we walked to New Town for dinner at Ramblewood and went back to our hotel and called it a night.

Overall the Scotland portion of our Trip was amazing I would definitely travel here again in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FSAT Trip: Ireland

FSAT Trip: England